Note to Customer: Products that are NOT in stock but still available for purchase means that FOA can to source the laser-cut parts within 2 weeks of your purchase
Item Name: 1/6 Panzerkampfwagen Tiger II Ausf.B June 1944 Version
Item Product Number: FOA014RC
Weight: 67 kg/149 lbs.
Length: 122 cm/48 in. - without barrel
Width: 57.1 cm/22.5 in.
Height: 48.3 cm/19 in.
Hull: Non-assembled 18-Gauge Mild Steel
Wheels/Tracks: Plastic (Polycarbonate/ABS mix with high rigidity)
Detail parts: Resin/Plastic/white metal
36-Road Wheels (Steel-rimmed)
Heavy gauge metal sprocket with 2 1/4" Aluminum Hub
Resin triple Idler wheels
Resin and white metal accessories
WORKING Armored Exhaust System from ECA (with permission)
Tools Needed: Rivet Hand tool, filler, sandpaper, paint
Please visit our Forum to see detailed construction instructions (click here)
The Tiger II was the successor to the Tiger I, combining the latter's thick armor with the armor sloping used on the Panther medium tank. The tank weighed almost seventy metric tons, and was protected by 100 to 180 mm (3.9 to 7.1 in) of armor to the front. It was armed with the long barreled 8.8 cm KwK 43 L/71 gun (same as the Nashorn Tank Hunter)
The Tiger II was issued to heavy tank battalions of the Army (Schwere Heerespanzerabteilung – abbreviated s.H.Pz.Abt) and the Waffen-SS (s.SS.Pz.Abt). It was first used in combat with s.H.Pz.Abt. 503 during the on 11 July 1944; on the Eastern Front, the first unit to be outfitted with Tiger IIs was the s.H.Pz.Abt. 501 which by 1 September 1944 listed 25 Tiger IIs operational
Radio Controlled (included):
This kit is identical than the "Static" Kingtiger, with the pre-drilled holes for the rail system, extra resin in the road-wheels, and adds a number of opening hatches for easy access to the RC components. It includes important features like two inner railings, track tension idlers, and RC functionality:
TTMS Motorization System, High Profile - allows speed of up to 4.0 mph (6.4 km/hr) with 450W motors, or 3.0 mph with 250W motors. Lower or higher speeds can be achieved by changing the sprocket size on the chain drive.
MPSS Suspension System - for a smooth ride in the roughest environments. Eighteen swing arms with patented individual coil spring system, designed for up to 300 lbs weight.
- TTRS Turret Rotation System on a 12" Lazy Susan. Spring actuated to avoid gear breakage. About 5 RPM
Track Tension - a single MPSS unit designed for each idler to maintain track tension and avoid de-tracking in sharp turns.
All bushings, rails, springs, bolts and steel sleeves associated with the running gears, suspension, idlers and sprockets
Easy access to the internal components. The turret roof and front glacis can be lifted, most hatches can be opened, and the upper hull can be lifted out from the lower hull.
Electronic Control System: Speed controllers for the two motors, and the turret rotation. Emergency switch on the back panel. All wiring necessary and fuse box.
Resin and plastic accessories of the standard FOA014 Kingtiger to retain accuracy, with added bolt holes to secure them during movement or vibration.
Detailed Exhaust System, with potential upgrade to a working smoking system (available soon)
Tracks and road-wheels are made of ABS plastic, with steel reinforcement for the wheels. Sprockets are 12-gauge steel with aluminum hubs. Idlers are in resin. Field experiments showed the durability of these components.
The Kingtiger tank, fully loaded with ALL sub-systems, and weighs 139.0 lbs without batteries.
This product can be purchased affordably in TEN sub-systems:
- Metal Body RC Kingtiger with Turret
- Resin/Plastic Accessories, including Tracks
- Suspension System including Idler
- 36 Road Wheels filled with rubber & aluminum spacers
- RC Drive Sprocket
- TTMS Motorization
- TTRS 12" Turret Rotation
- Dual Control System (Turret Rotation/Gun Elevation)
- ECS Control System (lead batteries - LiPo system available)
NOT INCLUDED BUT AVAILABLE OPTIONS:
Engine Sound System with two Speakers/Amplifier
RC Radio TX/Receiver. PS2/Hero Controller soon available.
Gun Recoil System available with a servo and some brackets
OPTION 1:x2 12 VDC UB12180 type 18Ah Lead Acid Batteries [weight: 23 lbs]
OPTION 2: x4 LiPo 5000mA Batteries (x2 series/x2 parallel) [weight: 3.6 lbs]
What is “NOT INCLUDED” in the KIT (click on below links to see what FOA offers):
- Both sides Tow Ropes/Alum C/Rods
- Left side Track Tow Ropes (soon on the website, very similar to the early Tiger I type)
- Axe/shovel/small hammer/ with various brackets/clamps (fire extinguisher and wire cutters are included in resin)
- Start Crank and Pry Bar
- Mesh Covers (square and round) on the back deck exhaust grills
- Engine Over Grills Set
- Engine Intake Cover Plates set of 4
- Blow Torch Heater
- Flexible antennas and/or stern-antenna
- Conical bolt heads for sprockets set of 20
Upgrade sets (all of these items are on the Kits, but in resin/plastic and not functioning)
- UPGRADE: Metal track holders with bolts
- UPGRADE: Metal Loader's Hatch with Interior Detail
- UPGRADE: Metal U-Shackles
- UPGRADE: Metal Turret Lifting Hooks
- UPGRADE: Working Metal C-Shackles
- UPGRADE: Metal and/or functioning 20t jack
- UPGRADE: Wood Jack Block
- UPGRADE: Metal Hull Inspection Cover and Cold Start Cover
- UPGRADE: Metal Blow Torch Heater Cover
- UPGRADE: Rear Mudguards in PE
- UPGRADE: Metal Muzzle Brake