This is a "reservation price" - ESTIMATED PRICE ~ $899 plus shipping
Kit expected to be released within 2 months with the ABS Kingtiger
Armor thickness and Interior of this kit are being worked on!
Item Name: 1/6 Jagdpanzer VI Jagdtiger Ausf. B Sd. Kfz. 186
Item Product Number: FOA017
Weight: 41 kg/90 lbs.
Length: 122 cm/48 in. - without barrel
Width: 57.1 cm/22.5 in.
Height: 48.3 cm/19 in.
Hull: Non-assembled 3/16" ABS
Wheels/Tracks: Plastic (Polycarbonate/ABS mix with high rigidity)
Detail parts: Resin/Plastic/white metal
36-Road Wheels (Steel-rimmed)
Heavy gauge metal sprocket with 2 1/4" Aluminum Hub
Resin triple Idler wheels
Resin and white metal accessories
Tools Needed: ABS Glue, filler, sandpaper, paint
Jagdtiger resembled the King Tiger with the difference of having a superstructure instead of the turret and had much higher profile what made it a large target for the enemy.Jagdtigers were mounted with two different types of running gear, Henschel’s gear (74 models) and Porsche’s gear (11 models produced from February to September of 1944)
The number of Jagdtigers produced was adequate to equip two units, schwere Panzerjager Abteilung 653 and schwere Panzerjager Abteilung 512. sPzJagAbt 512 was formed in the Summer of 1944 and was composed of two companies (1st company was commanded by Albert Ernst and became Kampfgruppe Ernst, 2nd company by Otto Carius) and was commanded by Major Scherf.Elements of sPzJagAbt 512 took part in the Operation "Fruhlingerswachen" in Hungary (part of VI SS Panzer Army), and then in the defence of the Fatherland on both Western and Eastern Front
Radio Controlled Upgrades (not included):
This kit is designed as a static kit, but includes all the holes on the lower hull for the RC version. An RC Jagdtiger is available. It includes important features like two inner railings, track tension idlers, resin-filled road-wheels, and RC functionality.
What is “NOT INCLUDED” in the KIT (click on below links to see what FOA offers):
- Both sides Tow Ropes/Alum C/Rods
- Left side Track Tow Ropes (soon on the website, very similar to the early Tiger I type)
- Axe/shovel/small hammer/ with various brackets/clamps (fire extinguisher and wire cutters are included in resin)
- Start Crank and Pry Bar
- Mesh Covers (square and round) on the back deck exhaust grills
- Engine Over Grills Set
- Engine Intake Cover Plates set of 4
- Blow Torch Heater
- Flexible antennas and/or stern-antenna
- Conical bolt heads for sprockets set of 20
Upgrade sets (all of these items are on the Kits, but in resin/plastic and not functioning)
- UPGRADE: Metal track holders with bolts
- UPGRADE: Metal U-Shackles
- UPGRADE: Metal Turret Lifting Hooks
- UPGRADE: Working Metal C-Shackles
- UPGRADE: Metal and/or functioning 20t jack
- UPGRADE: Wood Jack Block
- UPGRADE: Metal Hull Inspection Cover and Cold Start Cover
- UPGRADE: Metal Blow Torch Heater Cover
- UPGRADE: Rear Mudguards in PE
- UPGRADE: Metal Muzzle Brake
This static kit could be upgraded to RC with the following systems:
Posted by James on Sep 13th 2016
I am very familiar with the Jagdtiger, having built several models including a 1/16 scratch built r/c combat Jagdtiger. The 1/6 FOA Jagdtiger is amazing. The fit and detail of the parts is excellent and I am very excited to be working on this tank in 1/6 scale. There is a real Jagdtiger in Columbus GA and I hope to be finished with the 1/6 one before the real one opens for visitors in 2020.